Annual Meeting Date Set
The date for the next annual meeting is scheduled for January 13th, 2015.
During this time of year we hear and read a lot about the “fire season.” In March, one of our Barrington Heights neighbors suffered a catastrophic fire to their home and its complete contents. Here are some suggestions from TVF&R for fire safety.
- Make sure you clean or replace your furnace filters every three months and have it serviced once a year.
- Dryers should be on the same maintenance schedule. Move the dryer away from the wall, clean the metal venting going from the dryer to the wall, vacuum the vent from the inside of your home and from the opening on the outside of your home.
- Common household electric appliances should be unplugged when not in use…coffee maker, toaster, shredder, etc.
- If you store fire wood, it should be placed 30 feet away from your home.
- Do a visual inspection of your landscaping. Do you have trees planted too close to your home? In addition, make certain your common areas are free of leaves and debris.
- Make sure that if you own gas cans and/or propane tanks, they are not stored in your garage or basement.
- Take a moment to inspect your in home fire extinguishers. Are they located in accessible locations and are they fully charged.
- Perhaps it is time to reevaluate your home owner’s insurance policy…Photograph the valuables in your home and store the copies in a secure location.
You may have recently seen firefighting equipment, forestry vehicles, and other jurisdictional vehicles near Beacon Hill and Imperial Drive. Jenna Nelson from the Oregon Department of Forestry organized “Firewise Day”. Several members from the Oregon Dept. of Forestry and members from the Oregon Department of Transportation spent the entire day creating a “fuel break” along the I-205 side of Barrington Heights. TVF&R also had numerous equipment and crews on hand as support. This work was done as a protective measure in the event of a fire starting along the bank of I-205 and running up the hill towards our neighborhood. We need to be vigilant in making sure we each do our part in keeping our neighborhood beautiful and safe.
Upcoming meeting dates
- 8/13/14 Board meeting
- 10/8/14 Board meeting